Saturday, January 9, 2010

RECIPE: Taco Beef Bake with Cheddar Biscuit Topping

MMMMMMM.......let me start by saying how good this was! I am a person who gets very bored, and very tired of the same things. This is no different with our meals. I love scouring magazines, and the web for yummy recipes. I've decided that when I do this, and I find something I love, I will share it! This will also keep me working on the blog, and you will get some great new recipes as well!

1 lb. lean ground beef (at least 80%)
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 cup salsa
2 cups frozen corn
1 small can sliced olives
2 cups Bisquick mix
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 cup milk

Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a 10 in. skillet, cook beef over medium high heat 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain.

Stir taco seasoning, salsa, corn and olives into beef. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Pour into ungreased 8 inch square pan or 2 quart glass baking dish.

Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, cheese and milk until soft dough forms. Drop by 12 spoonfuls onto beef mixture.

Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until top is golden brown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to give this recipe to my husband to make for me. ;)

Unknown said...

This sounds YUMMMY!!!! I think I might try it!