Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Kali's UPS Surprise........

I was sitting at the computer when I got a knock at the door. Now mind you, I am a mother of a Marine, who is stationed in Afghanistan, so my heart fell to my stomach. I actually just sat there for a bit. I finally got the strength to get up. When I opened my door this huge box was leaning against my house. A tall, narrow box.....I start to wonder what I had bought, that I had forgotten, or who I knew that was sending something....there was nothing. I looked at the box, it had Kali's name on it and a return address of Washington State, but no name. I brought it in and cut one end, and peaked inside.................OMG! We took Kayla's boyfriend to Seattle for his birthday the first part of December. We went and watched the Seahawks vs. 48'rs. The Seahawks are Kali's team. Anyways, on our way home we stopped at a little diner for breakfast. Inside they had this HUGE stocking filled with stuff, and the winner was picked by coloring a picture, and writing what you want for Christmas. I let Kali do it, but told her we don't live around here, so she probably wouldn't win. Well, she did! This stocking stood as tall as me! I'm posting pictures in order, starting with me calling into her brothers room, to the finale!
"THE BOX........"
"SHE'S OPENED THE DOOR AND HAS NO CLUE....."
"SHE'S NOTICED THE LARGE BOX............"
"SHE'S SEEN HER NAME............."
"TRYING TO GET INSIDE, AND STILL DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE......"
"SHE'S GOT ONE END OPENED AND PEEKING IN......"
"SHE'S PULLING......."
"AND PULLING.........."
"SHE'S GOT IT AND SAYING YES! NOTICE THAT THE TOP IS BENT DOWN, WE COULDN'T GET IT TO STAND UP......."
"A SURPRISE CALL WHILE OPENING WHAT'S INSIDE, AND IT'S BUBBA.....LOOK AT THAT SMILE!"
"SHE'S CATCHING ANOTHER COLD AND SOUNDS LIKE A FROG...BUBBA IS MAKING NOISES, AND SHE IS GIGGLING. HENCE THE BLURRY PHOTO, BUT DON'T CARE! I CAN HERE THAT GIGGLE EVERYTIME I LOOK AT THIS PICTURE!"
"SITTING WITH ALL HER GOODIES....WE ARE DONATING MOST OF THEM"
"MOST DON'T KNOW, BUT THOSE OF US WHO LIVE WITH HER, THAT SHE IS A HUGE PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN/JACK SPARROW FAN, SO SHE LOVES THIS LUNCH BOX...."
"THE WINNING PICTURE......."
"THE WINNING BACKSIDE: NOTE THERE ARE THREE VOTES FOR FIRST PLACE, AND ONE FOR SECOND......FRIEDA, HOW COULD YOU? HAHAHAHA"

0 comments: