Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Day Has Come.......

for my son to ship off to San Diego. The time went by so fast and I truly wasn't ready. This was such a hard day and it's been an even harder week! He was getting pretty nervous in the airport. I'm just glad we were there for part of it. Four other boys were shipping out too, and not one kid had someone there to see them off. I can't imagine not being there. That tugged at my heart. I gave each one of those boys a hug and told them to take care and that I would be thinking of them. One boy was having second thoughts and I truly was hoping that Kenneth would tell me to take him home. Yes, I know...selfish you might say, but this is my son and i'm not ready to let go, because I know where this will take him. Iraq...I voted for the war, I still think we are doing a good job over there, but I don't want my son there. Yep, I said it, i've been saying it and i'm not afraid to say it. That's how I feel. Anyways, i've yet to get that call home and it's now Wednesday. He was kind enough to call me from a pay phone in the San Diego airport, so I at least got that. I'll stop for now. Enjoy......





0 comments: