Wednesday, September 29, 2010

RECIPE: PUMPKIN ZUCCHINI BREAD

I didn't do a garden this year knowing I would be gone a lot, and the fact that I want to move it to a new spot, and not getting the help this year. Maybe next year. Anyways, I had some zucchini that needed to be used, and wanted to try something different. I found this recipe, and it's perfect for fall! The house smelled soooooo good! Hope you enjoy, and leave me a comment if you try this recipe.

3 eggs, lightly beaten

2 C. sugar

1 C. canned pumpkin

1 C. melted butter

1 TBS vanilla

3 C. all-purpose flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg

1/2 tsp. ground cloves

1 C. shredded zucchini ( I put a bit more in)

In a mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin, butter, and vanilla. Mix well. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini. Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool bread in pans for 10 minutes then remove to wire rack.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited to try this! Thank you for sharing!!!