Friday, March 13, 2009

Another Clogging Recital

Kali had another recital tonight during cabin fever. Let me tell you, I HATE cabin fever night! It's the school carnival and it's so packed, rude kids, etc. Anyways, after her performance she came to the audience to watch the rest. One of the older groups dance to Thriller in the dark using white lights (they wear white ribbons in their hair, white gloves, white skirts and white socks-I think) which makes everything that they are wearing, which is white, stand out. Kali LOVES this dance and I decided to record it for her. She was sitting two seats away from me, Sherrie was next to me and right after it starts I hear something. Now, it's hard to tell because of the music and everyone screaming, but I look over at Kali and I see her staring at me....remember, I'm recording...anyways, I figure out it's her I hear and she's crying very loudly. Yes, I keep on recording because I don't know what in the heck could have happened to her to cause her to cry. Sherrie moves in closer to Kali and I see her hug her. She leans into me and Kali had smacked her mouth on the seat in front of her and it knocked one of her top teeth loose! It couldn't knock out the one that has been loose for ages, it knocks out the one next to it! Once the dance is over and the lights get turned back on I can examine her. It's freaking hanging lower than all of her teeth and there's a bit of blood. Well, we go do our carnival thing, the quick version and head home. I try twice to pull it out and I HATE messing with teeth! It won't come out! It comes down and sucks right back up there! Kenny tries and he can't get it. Now i'm sitting here with a daughter who is freaking out that everyone is going to make fun of her at school. Oh man, it's gonna be a long weekend!








0 comments: