Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Crash Rescue/Firefighting Graduation Part One:

Here we are on graduation day: May 1, 2009 at Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo, Texas. These pictures are ones I took as we walked from Kenneth's dorm to the graduation ceremony with him.
Now, I guess I better go back and explain some things. We left at 8:30 AM (I believe) on Wednesday, April 29th in a rented suburban. There was: Myself, Kali, Kayla, Kayla's boyfriend Josh-the only male, Cori (Kenneth's girlfriend) and Sherrie (Cori's mom). We drove all night long....rotating as we could between three of us. Kayla was too young to drive in a rental, lol. Anyways, as we are walking to the ceremony we are noticing that other military guys walking toward classes or graduation walked to a certain point and then took off and ran at another. This kept happening, there were guys standing outside and would yell at them to run. We figured that's just what they did. We get to that point and have two military guys running at us and telling us to run. We don't really know what to do at first, then we all take off and run. We get to the doors and one kid (who came to me because I was packing a camera bag and my loose camera, he helped me carry it) comes to me and apologizes for making us run. They were told there was a tornado warning so everyone needed to run......just not the civilians. Not sure if it was because they didn't care about us and the tornado (watch for another story on this topic) or because they were using that as an excuse (i'm thinking this is the right one).


Picture above is part of their training facility

This is one of the cutest series of photos. Kali's feet were getting sore from all the walking and Josh was kind enough to let her take them off and he packed not only her shoes, but her. He then stopped to take a rest...glad I was behind them shooting pictures:)


0 comments: